Sewage or municipal wastewater is named the non-solid wastes which come from a households and urban commercial activities and its management is performed in special treatment facilities, large or small scale. The size of the treatment plant and the applied treatment method depend, first of all, from the number of the population that it serves. In large urban cities, generally a central sewage system is set and the sewage is treated in large, appropriately designed and equipped facilities. Moreover, municipal wastewater management is also required in remoted areas not serviced by the public central sewer system or into industrial facilities (sewage in industrial facilities), which choose to manage the sewage separately from their industrial wastewater, in different facility.
The smooth operation of these units ends up with the production of treated effluent, the composition of which must meet the requirements of the institutional framework and, of the even more stringent Community Directives on environmental protection. Furthermore, the proper operation of the municipal waste treatment plants contributes to a significant extent in reducing the maintenance costs and the required investments, and it consists guarantee for the public health protection, especially in sensitive areas such as coasts or water sources adjacent to the treatment plant.
Hellas Environment offers operation and maintenance services, providing the relevant know-how and the experience required for the operation of a municipal wastewater treatment plant, facilitating and relieving the customer from the constant monitoring requirements of the treatment unit, helping to target to the main producing activities.
The operation and maintenance services are provided to industries and to municipalities at any kind treatment facility, made from our company or other constructor and include:
- Operation and maintenance of sewage treatment plant
- Maintenance of pumping stations
- Design and construction of wastewater treatment plants
- Supply and installation of special equipment
- Chemical-technical and environmental studies
- Sewer system maintenance (in case of clogging)
- Physical-chemical parameters analyses of the waste produced by the treatment (residue)
- Installation of remote control systems (SCADA), with transmission of information and commands in real-time for fully automated and continuous control of the unit
- Full report of the test results and unit performance, with the assessment of the operation and suggestions for improvement, modernization and upgrading of the unit.
The monitoring and control of the facilities are performed by qualified technical staff and they are continuous and 24h/day and, in case of malfunction, the intervention is immediate to ensure the smooth operation of the processing unit and of the main industrial activity.
The provided operating and maintenance services aim to optimize the use of the existing equipment, and probably, to propose the replacement and/or the upgrade of equipment parts if it’s necessary. The service is provided to industrial waste treatment plants, regardless its source, and at any treatment stage, primary, secondary and tertiary treatment, residue removal etc.
Just as in the treatment of industrial wastewater, the selection of the applied method is based on the desired parameter to get removed (organic load, heavy metals, nutrients, etc. data).